Rapua hoki te rongo mau oranga mo to iwi, I roto I o ratou rongo mau oranga, to oranga
This kaupapa forms the underlying values upon which Te Whare o Whaingaroa is constructed and the principles upon which Te Runanga O Whaingaroa will operate.
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi establishes our relationship with the Crown and our constituional place in this county.
- Rangatiratanga establishes our authority and responsibility as individuals, whanau, hapu and iwi to ourselves, others and to the world we live in.
- Tohungatanga recognises the knowledge and wisdom in which we exercise our authority and responsibility.
- Manaakitanga recognises our responsibility to respect and care for all things created.
- Whanaungatanga acknowledges all things are connected, impact on each other, therefore the importance of understanding these relationships.
- Ukaipo acknowledges the nurturing relationship we have with our papakainga and whanau and our responsibility to sustain and maintain these relationships.
- Kotahitanga establishes our ultimate goal – unity and harmony.
The full expression of the values and principles outlined above in all aspects of the lives of our people, where we speak our reo, practice our tikanga, lead full meaningful healthy and contributing lives that make a difference in the world, achieve excellences in all endeavours, sustain a healthy environment, have strong and healthy whanau, hapu and iwi relationships, relate and interact with confidence with people throughout the country and the world, and leave behind a better world for our children and future generations.